This position is responsible for designing, implementing, monitoring, and maintaining security operations and infrastructure, including the deployment of IPS, IDS, Firewalls, SIEM, and VPN technologies. The Security Engineer applies reverse engineering and re-engineering disciplines to develop mitigation strategies and planning documents, and will participate in overall system level testing. The Security Engineer will engage with other engineering and operations teams, spanning the entire technology stack including endpoints, networks, databases, and applications to engineer cutting-edge defensive solutions to modern cyber threats. They will be responsible for deploying host-level protection and detection mechanisms across complex, global environments. They will also be responsible for successfully designing an deploying advanced automated protection capabilities such as quarantining, IPSec isolation, whitelisting, etc. at scale across the enterprise. This role requires the Security Engineer to leverage a solid understanding of authentication protocols, core network and system security principles, along with an up-to-date understanding of modern attack patterns and methods, especially in the targeted attack/APT space.
- Providing information security expertise and consulting.
- Implementing an information security framework.
- Planning, designing, implementing, and operating security-related technologies.
- Ensuring new and existing products conform to information security policies, standards, and best practices.
- Conducting research on emerging technologies in support of enterprise operations.
- Reviewing new and existing system designs for compliance with security standards and best practices.
- Conducting vulnerability assessment on new and existing systems.
- Leading system and application architects through security acceptance testing.
- Developing plans for vulnerability mitigation.
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, or related field.
- 4 to 7 years of experience in software engineering and/or administration.
- Strong technical consulting experience.
- Knowledge of information security concepts, policy frameworks, and best practices.
- Extensive in-depth technical experience with network infrastructure, operating systems, database and web applications.
- In-depth knowledge of Linux operating system variants.
- In-depth knowledge of SIEM technologies.
- In-depth knowledge of network security tools.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please fill out the form below and upload your resume.