The Senior Information Assurance/Monitoring Analyst supports a Security Operations Center (SOC) organization protecting the network security of tens of thousands of users. The work site is located in Leesburg, Virginia.
The Senior Information Assurance/Monitoring Analyst responsibilities include:
- Support monitoring of all Information Assurance Devices (IADs) to identify and document all intrusions and attempted intrusions.
- Populate and maintain an intrusions database, and provide data analysis support; analyze data from sensors, network security devices and applications using the security information event management systems, log servers, application interfaces and device consoles provided.
- Document of evidence of system security compromise, generate of trend reports, and collect evidence of malicious or anomalous activity.
- Report security incidents and/or network intrusions to Incident Handlers for dissemination to appropriate TruShield points of contacts.
- Identify anomalous and malicious activity.
- Contribute to content creation, prioritize, rank and escalate incidents.
- Provide support in the detection, response, mitigation, and reporting of cyber threats affecting client networks.
- Maintain an understanding of the current vulnerabilities, response, and mitigation strategies in cyber security operations.
- Assist in producing status reports and briefs to senior leadership; provide analysis for correlated information sources.
- Maintaining proficiency in the use and production of visualization charts, link analysis, diagrams, and database queries.
- Analyze and report cyber threats as well as assist in deterring, identifying and monitoring computer network intrusions.
Bachelor’s degree OR Minimum 10 years of relevant professional experience
In addition to required education or equivalent experience;
– Minimum 6 years IT experience
– Must have 4 years’ experience network security analysis, using intrusion detection systems
– Must have experience conducting analysis at the packet level.
– Firewall administration experience
– Experience with intrusion detection sensors
– Experience with Security Information and Event Management Tools (ArcSight)
– CISSP and/or SANS/GIAC Certification (equivalent to 2 years’ experience)
US Citizenship Required
Job Type: Full-time
- IT experience: 6 years
- Network security analysis, using intrusion detection systems: 4 years
To apply for the position, please fill out the form below and submit your resume: